Helpful Links


Frequently Asked Quesitons

Questions to ask when selecting a case management service?
  • How much experience do your case managers have?
  • How long have your case managers worked for your agency?
  • What’s your turnover rate for case managers in your agency?
  • How many individuals does each of your case managers serve?
  • Are your case managers knowledgeable about local community resources and community inclusion and integration programs?
  • Can I meet potential case managers before I sign a choice form?
  • How often will my case manager contact me?
  • If my case manager is unavailable, how will you provide me with case management service on a backup basis?
  • If I don’t have Medicaid, do you provide case management on a private-pay basis?
  • If yes, what are your pay rates?
  • Do you have a sliding fee scale?
Are you having problems with your TCM?

Contacting your case manager’s supervisor is usually your first option. If that doesn’t help, please contact our office directly. We have policies and procedures in place to help you resolve any disputes.


If you choose to change your TCM provider, contact us. We offer options counseling to help you choose from your local options for case management agencies. We’ll also assist you throughout the transition process.


If you have any other questions, concerns, or needs, feel free to contact us anytime.

Are you having problems with your service provider?

If you are having a problem with your day or residential or FMS provider and cannot get it resolved, SDSI can help.

Contact our Quality Assurance staff in either Garden City or Great Bend and ask about your dispute resolution rights.

What services are available in the I/DD system?

These services may vary with respect to the availability of funding, resources, or private pay. Contact our office for more information.

Assistive services: Equipment and modifications to your home to improve your health, independence, productivity, and integration into the community. These include van lifts, ramps, and remodeling for accessibility.

Medical Alert rental: Covers the cost for you to have a medical alert device.

Day supports: Provides adults above the age of 18 with regularly scheduled events to help foster a sense of participation, accomplishment, personal reward, and contribution in your community.

Supported employment: Provides adults above the age of 18 with support through job coaches and other assistance to get or maintain integrated, competitive employment in your community.

Residential supports: Provides adults above the age of 18 who live outside of their family’s home with assistance in building, maintaining, and improving the skills you need to ensure your health and welfare in non-family residential settings.

Personal care services: Provides you with individualized attendant care services including bathing, shopping, financial management, and recreation.

Sleep cycle support: Provides you with physician-ordered, medically necessary assistance to families in emergency situations or in special needs cases.

Supportive home care: For both children and adults who live in their family’s home, provides assistance with daily living and other basic needs. These may include help with medications, shopping, meal preparation, and accessing medical care.

Wellness monitoring: Ensures that you are properly using medical health services as prescribed by your physician and includes a wellness evaluation by a registered nurse.

When Can I Expect Services?

The Kansas Department of Aging and Disability Services (KDADS) maintains a statewide list of people waiting for services through the I/DD program. Southwest Developmental Services, Inc. assists KDADS with managing the waiting list; however, we cannot tell you your position on the list.

What is the waiting list process?

When KDADS determines that new individuals can be served under the I/DD program, the following things happen:

  • A letter offering access to the HCBS I/DD Program funding is mailed to that person.
  • That person is given at least 14 days to respond.
  • The person can respond by mail or over the phone.
  • If the person doesn’t respond, they will be sent a final notice that includes the last day they have to respond by.
  • People who accept funding will need to contact the CDDO and also the Department of Children and Families (DCF) to begin the process of receiving services.

Get Services

Garden City

1808 Palace Drive Suite C
Garden City, KS 67846

Call: (620) 275-7521
Fax: (620) 275-1792

Great Bend

1037 Sheridan St., Ste A.
Great Bend, KS 67530

Call: (620) 793-7604
Fax: (620) 793-7906


Monday to Friday
8AM - 12PM
1PM - 5PM

Summer Hours - Memorial Day to Labor Day

Monday to Thursday
7AM - 12PM
1PM - 5PM
8AM - 12PM